Weapons are a crucial aspect of gameplay in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty. These offensive tools can be equipped by the player character to deal damage to enemies and bosses in combat.
Categories of Weapons: The game features three main categories of weapons: Melee Weapons, Ranged Weapons, and Thrown Weapons. Within each of these categories, weapons are further categorized based on their type.
Types of Weapons: Players can choose from over 15 weapon types in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty. These weapon types are inspired by Chinese martial arts and include pole axes, straight sabres, bows, spears, and dual swords. Each weapon type has its own unique strengths and disadvantages, allowing players to choose the weapon that suits their playstyle the best.
Motion-Captured Forms: To make the gameplay more realistic and authentic, the motion for each weapon type was based on motion-captured forms performed by real martial artists specialized in these weapons. This attention to detail adds an extra layer of immersion to the game and makes the combat feel more authentic.
Moves and Combos: In addition to the different types of weapons, each weapon type also has its own set of moves and combos. These Martial Arts skills give players a range of options to choose from in combat and allow them to personalize their fighting style.
Stats and Properties: Finally, weapons in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty have varying stats and properties that make them more effective in combat depending on the situation. Players need to choose their weapons carefully and strategize their approach to maximize their effectiveness in combat.
Weapons are an integral part of the gameplay in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty. With a wide range of weapon types to choose from, each with their own unique moves and combos, players can personalize their fighting style and strategize their approach to take down enemies and bosses. With attention to detail and motion-captured forms performed by real martial artists, the combat in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty feels realistic and immersive.
Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Weapons
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty weapons possess specific properties that impact their efficiency during combat. These features are Attack Power, Base Attack, Spirit Attack, Sustain Break, and Sustain.
- Attack Power determines the amount of HP an enemy loses when attacked, influenced by the weapon’s Five Phases scaling and the player’s Virtue investment.
- The Base Attack value is modified by the weapon’s Virtue Scaling and the player’s Virtue investment to produce the Attack Power stat.
- Spirit Attack affects the amount of Spirit the enemy loses when attacked, while Sustain Break impacts their loss of Spirit while guarding.
- Sustain determines the player’s Spirit loss while defending against attacks.
Weapons in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty also have varying Rarity levels denoted by a Star Rating. The higher the Rarity, the better the weapon. Rare weapons have two Martial Arts skills (Melee Weapons only) and more Weapon Traits with higher values. However, Rarity typically does not affect a weapon’s parameters, only the amount of Special Effects it can have.
Weapons in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty can have Upgrade Levels which improve their parameters, with a higher level typically improving a Weapon’s Virtue Scaling and other base stats. For example, a Bronze Sword +2 will have higher scaling for one or more Virtues compared to a standard Bronze Sword. Rarity and Upgrade Levels are important factors to consider when choosing the most effective weapon for combat situations.
Each Weapon in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty has a Scaling degree that determines how much Attack Power is added based on your investment in each of the Five Phases’ Virtues. Scaling is ranked with a letter and either a plus or minus. The better the letter, the more damage you will deal by investing into the corresponding Virtue. Weapons can Scale to multiple Virtues with varying degrees, allowing players to create effective builds. A Weapon’s scaling can improve based on the number of +Upgrade Levels it has.
Weapons are not found in just one place, they can be dropped by enemies, found in chests or random loot, however most are tied to specific chapters of the game. Some are for reaching oath rank 10 with companions.
- Ring Pommel Sabre – Starting weapon
- Polearm Podao – In a chest in the village elders house in Calamity Village
- White Wooden Cudgel – Dropped by the yellow turban leader in Village of Calamity
- Great club of Polaris – defeat Shang Liang Boss also dropped by bandits/soldiers in two chivalrous heroes chapter.
- Bronze Sword – dropped by bandits/soldiers in two chivalrous heroes chapter
- Unparalleled Spear – Acquired by getting your chapter 2 companion Zhao Yun to oath level 10, by giving him cups of cordiality.
- Great Wooden Hammer – Dropped by the Demonized Officer enemy found in chapter 2
- Bronze Dual Sword – Dropped by the Demonized soldiers enemy found in chapter 2
- Dual Marquis Halberds – Dropped by the Demonized soldiers enemy found in chapter 2
- Bronze Halberd – Dropped by the Demonized Officer at the end of chapter 2
- Invictus Serpent Spear – Reach level 10 Oath with Zhang Fei
- Azure Dragon Crescent Glaives – Reach level 10 Oath with Guan Yu
- Qiang Scimitar – Found next to the Suanyu Enemy in chapter 2 The Valley of Crying Wraiths
- Mounted Bandit Scimitar – defeat yellow bandits in second half of in chapter 2 The Valley of Crying Wraiths
- White Wooden Cudgel – Defeat the bandit leader at the end of Valley of Crying Wraiths
- Cavalry Javelin – Defeat Bo Cal in The Yellow Heavens Burns
- Jade Green Staff – Reach level 10 Oath with Hong Jing
- Ritual Sword of Chaos – Suanyu Demons Demon Fort of The Yellow Heaven
- 5 Coloured Cudgel – Dropped by yellow turban bandits later in Demon Fort of The Yellow Heaven
- Chivalrous Swordsman’s Dual Swords – Demon Fort of The Yellow Heaven
- Master Smith Hammer – Trade for accolades to Zio Ci in Hidden Village
- Guard Poleaxe – Fall of the corrupted eunuch
- 100 Forged Sabres – Fall of the corrupted eunuch
- Dual Rooster Crowing Halberds – Fall of the corrupted eunuch
- Mounted Bandit Scimitars – Fall of the corrupted eunuch
- Wolf Fang Club – The Battle of Hulaguan Pass
- Bronze Dual Sword – The Battle of Hulaguan Pass
- Jade Guarded Sword – The Battle of Hulaguan Pass
- Bronze Spear – The Battle of Hulaguan Pass
- Heavy Cavalry Spear – The Battle of Hulaguan Pass
- Soaring Ursine Mace – Defeat Hua Xiong on The Battle of Hulaguan Pass
- Triumphant Conquest – War’s Flames Blaze Fiercely
- Hundred Forged Sabres – War’s Flames Blaze Fiercely
- The Guding Blade – The Way of The Warrior
- Cavalry Halberd – The Way of The Warrior
- Iron Spetum – The Way of The Warrior
- Heaven’s Reliance – The Way of The Warrior, Defeat Leader defending final battle flag
- Dire Tiger – The Way of The Warrior, defeat Zhang Liao
- Sky-Piercing Halberd – Lu Bu Mightiest Among Men
- Spear of King Fuchai – Behold the Glaives of Righteousness
- Quake Griffin Hammer – Behold the Glaives of Righteousness, Defeat Yan Liang & Wen Cho
- Drought Demon Blade – Behold the Glaives of Righteousness, Defeat Yan Liang & Wen Cho
- Dual Halberds of Lady Hao – Behold the Glaives of Righteousness
- Pair Swords of Aspiration – Behold the Glaives of Righteousness, Defeat Liu Bei
- Quake Griffin Hammer – Decisive battle of Guandu
- Bronze Poleaxe – Decisive battle of Guandu
- Dual Reaper Halberds – defeat Yu Ji, Decisive battle of Guandu
- Sword of Yu The Great – defeat Yu Ji, Decisive battle of Guandu
- Vermillion Bird Great Axe – Heirloom Seal of the Realm
- Iron Poled Snake Spear – Complete the Tiger Loyalists Subjects
- Curve Headed Glaive – Complete the Tiger Loyalists Subjects
- Hook Blades of King Helu – Complete the Tiger Loyalists Subjects
- Heavens Reliance – Complete Green Plum, Warm Liquor
- Spear of Hegemon King – The Request of Goddess Luo
- Golden Staff of King Yufu – Complete Pride of the Yuan Clan
- Spear of the Hegemon King – Complete Pride of the Yuan Clan
- Pebble – Starting weapon
- Bamboo Bow – Found next to a body close to the second battle flag in Two Chivalrous Heroes
- Bamboo Crossbow – Found in a chest in chapter 2 The Valley of Crying Wraiths
- Colonol Repeating Crossbow – The Battle of Hulaguan Pass
- Yellow Shouldered Crossbow – The Battle of Hulaguan Pass
- Flying General Bow – Behold the Glaives of Righteousness
- Bamboo Repeating Crossbow – Let’s Make Our Halberds Shine!
- Rank 1 Leather
- Rank 1 Steel
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Review
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Missing Husband Side Quest (Give Woman Copper)
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty: Errand Running Husband Side Quest (Husband Locations)
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty: Taoist’s House Key Side Quest (Hidden Village Locked Door Key Locations)
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Divine Beasts: Details & How To Get Them
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Shitieshou: Location and How To Feed Them
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Tablets: All Tablet Collectible Locations
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Golden Cicada Shells Locations
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Spells: Wizardry Spell & What They Do
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Armors: How To Find, Upgrade and Forge Them
For more useful and helpful Hogwarts Legacy guides, check out our Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Wiki where all of our guides and lists are found. Every guide has a link to video walkthroughs to help you discover everything in the game and get 100% completion including all story achievements/trophies, collectibles and secrets.