Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Spells: Wizardry Spell & What They Do
In Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, Wizardry Spells play a crucial role in combat as they offer a diverse range of abilities. These active skills are categorized based on their elemental properties, which are tied to the Five Phases philosophy. To cast a Wizardry Spell, certain conditions must be met, and the effects of each spell can vary from destructive magical attacks and crowd control to self and ally buffs, healing, traversal, and weapon enchantment.
The spells are divided into different elemental Phases, namely the Wood Phase, Fire Phase, Earth Phase, Metal Phase, and Water Phase and there 70 different spells in game. Additionally, they are further categorized into offensive, defensive, and support spells. Mastering Wizardry Spells can prove to be beneficial in challenging battles, offering players an advantage over their opponents. In summary, Wizardry Spells are a vital aspect of combat in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty.
The player character’s Five Phases Virtues correspond to each Wizardry Spell category or Phase. Increasing investment in a specific phase enhances the damage or potency of the matching spells, and accelerates the accumulation rate of their relative Status Effects.
For instance, if you invest heavily in the Wood Virtue, your Wood Phase spells will deal more damage, and healing and buffing spells in that category will be more potent. Additionally, it will take fewer hits with Lightning-elemental spells to fill up the Shock status effect bar, making it easier to afflict opponents.
Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Spells
Wood Phase Spells
The Wood Phase specializes in lightning-based magic and employs it as its primary element. Offensive spells belonging to this category have the capability to afflict targets with the Shock status effect. Additionally, the Wood Phase possesses a diverse set of healing and buffing spells.
Elemental Counter – Wood Overcomes Earth
- LIGHTNING WEAPON – For a certain period of time, enchants your current melee weapon with Lightning.
- ABSORB VITALITY – You and your nearby allies can restore HP upon dealing damage to enemies.
- LIGHTNING BOLT – Calls down a bolt of lightning on a locked-on target or on a point at a certain distance in front of you.
- HEAVEN’S RAGE – Calls lightning to strike in an area around a locked on target or in front of you.
- UNSTOPPABLE FORCE – Increases automatic recovery during Low Spirit and decreases automatic depletion during High Spirit.
- SPIRIT FERVOR – Grants you and your allies a positive effect that increases Spirit gain when attacking.
- BARBED CONDUCTOR – Grows branches on the ground at your feet. Activating it again while the branches remain will call down a bolt of lightning on them.
- BARBED NIGHTMARE – Summons thorns from the ground, which absorb a portion of damage dealt to enemies and restore the HP of you and your allies.
- LIGHTNING RUSH – Hurls a lightning bolt that rushes forward.
- GUARD FORMATION – Creates an area that reduces the damage allies inside it take from enemies.
- INNER BREATH – Increases the accumulation of the Divine Beast Gauge for a certain period of time.
- FOCUS ZONE – Generates an area in which allies inside it deal additional damage to enemies.
- CLEANSE – Resets all current negative effect accumulation to zero for you and your nearby allies, while granting a positive effect that reduces the amount of negative effect accumulation for all Phases except for Metal.
- PERFECT RESTORAL – Grants you and your nearby allies a positive effect that completely negates an enemy attack once.
Fire Phase Spells
The Fire Phase is a spell category that primarily focuses on offensive spells, utilizing Flame as its main element. The spells within this phase are designed to deal damage and can inflict the Burns status effect on targets. Additionally, the Fire Phase also includes buffing spells that are geared towards enhancing the caster’s offensive abilities.
Elemental Counter – Fire Overcomes Metal
- FLAME WEAPON – For a certain period of time, enchants your current melee weapon with Flame.
- BLASTING FLARE – Emits an eruption of flames to the front.
- SURGING BLAZE – Releases a spreading blaze to the front. It deals more damage closer to the point of release.
- BURSTING FIREBALL – Hurls a terrifying fireball that will split into multiple fireballs and explode after reaching a certain distance or hitting an enemy or terrain.
- BURNING FLAMEWAVE – Summons continuous eddies of flame in front of you. This deals damage over time to any enemies that come in contact with it.
- OVERPOWER BURST – Greatly increases the damage dealt by the Wizardry Spell or Martial Arts next used.
- AMPLIFY DAMAGE – For a certain period of time, increases both the damage you deal to enemies and receive from them.
- ENGULFING INFERNO – Summons and attacks with multiple pillars of flame.
- FIRE BOLT – Hurls a mote of fire in front of you.
- FIREBLAST – Discharges a ball of fire that flies on a gravitational arc, and explodes upon hitting an enemy or terrain.
- SCORCH COMET – Discharges ahead a large ball of fire.
- SCORCH STREAM – Emits a stream of fire to the front. Continue firing by holding down the input for Wizardry Spells.
- SCORCH SWEEP – Emits a stream of fire to sweep within a cone-shaped area of effect.
- SCORCH SPINNER – Shoots a stream of fire from both hands, engulfing nearby enemies in flames.
Earth Phase Spells
The Earth Phase is centred around the utilization of Stone as its main element. It boasts a variety of defensive and buffing spells, as well as offensive spells that can afflict targets with the Heaviness status effect. These spells often come with knockback effects, making them particularly useful for keeping multiple enemies at bay.
Elemental Counter – Earth Overcomes Water
- STONE WEAPON – For a certain period of time, enchants your current melee weapon with Stone.
- ROCK SPIKE – Summons rock pillars in front of you. they will explode and knock enemies away upon contact.
- ENHANCED DEFENSE – For a certain period of time, you receive less damage from enemies and will not flinch except from some powerful attacks.
- MIGHTY SHOCKWAVE – Unleashes a shockwave around you that will blow away nearby enemies.
- DEATHLY BOG – Creates a big in a nearby area. This bog will cause damage over time to enemies touching it.
- LION’S ROAR – Lets out a shout that generates a shockwave. Enemies hit will be forced to lock on to you. Also decreases damage taken from enemy attacks for a certain period of time.
- SANDSINK – Generates a whirlpool of sand that draws enemies into its center.
- BOULDER KNUCKLES – Imbues you with stone and allows you to perform a frontal jab. This attack deals more damage in inverse proportion to your current HP percentage.
- IMPOSING SLAB – Generates rock pillars in front of you that linger temporarily and explode when enemies touch them.
- FIEND VANQUISHER – Allows you to charge forward using the power of Earth Phase. You will not falter while charging unless an enemy’s attack is sufficiently powerful. Move farther by holding down the input for Wizardry Spells.
- ROCK TOUGHNESS – Reduces Spirit damage received from enemy attacks, and grants a single—use effect that prevents your Morale Rank from decreasing when you are dealt a Critical Blow by an enemy.
- ILLUSIONARY SHELL – For a certain period of time, creates an invisible shield around you that absorbs a certain amount of damage.
- QUAKEBOUND – For a certain period of time, grants an ability to increase enemies’ Stone ailment accumulation by deflecting.
- FORCE BLOW – Unleashes an attack using the power of Earth Phase.
Metal Phase Spells
The Metal Phase’s main element is Toxin, and its spells are focused on inflicting Damage-Over-Time and increasing the potency of status effects on opponents. Toxin attacks are particularly effective at inflicting the Poison status effect on targets.
Elemental Counter – Metal Overcomes Wood
- TOXIN WEAPON – For a certain period of time, enchants your current melee weapon with Toxin.
- POISON BUBBLES – Releases bubbles of poison that will burst and generate a poison bog when they hit enemies or terrain. The bog will cause damage over time to enemies touching it.
- TOXIN BUBBLES – Releases bubbles of poison to the front. Bubbles will burst and create a poison bog when they hit enemies or terrain. The bog will cause damage over tim to enemies touching it.
- ELEMENTAL PLAGUE – Increases the accumulation of all status effects dealt to enemies for a certain period of time.
- POISON CORROSION – Emits a poison fog to the front. The fog will cause damage over time to enemies touching it.
- REPRESSION CRUSH – Releases a curse bolt to the front. Enemies hit will recover from Spirit Disruption slower for a certain period of time.
- VENOMOUS DISCHARGE – Releases bubbles of poison that burst and generate poison bogs. These bogs will cause damage over time to enemies touching them.
- DEVOURING SWEEP – Emits a poisonous fog to sweep within a cone-shaped area of effect.
- VENOM SNARE – Releases a curse bolt to the front that will form a poison fog around the enemy it hits. The fog will cause damage over time to enemies touching it.
- THORNY GROUND – Summons thorns from the ground. Enemies that step on the thorns will have reduced movement speed for a set period of time.
- LIFE WITHER – Releases a curse bolt to the front. Enemies hit will receive more damage for a certain period of time.
- CALAMITY BOLTS – Releases curse bolts to the front. Enemies hit will deal less damage for a certain period of time.
- MOLTEN CALAMITY THORN – Releases a metal-imbued attack that deals damage to enemies it touches. If those enemies are inflicted with any ailments, they will be fully cured, and they will take additional damage corresponding to the number of ailments cured.
- THORN SHOT – Releases curse bolts that create thorns on contact with enemies or terrain. Enemies that step on the thorns will be slowed for a certain period of time.
Water Phase Spells
The Water Phase mainly relies on the Ice element. Its offensive spells are fast and come in both single-target and area-of-effect variants, capable of inflicting the Chill status effect. Additionally, Water Phase offers spells that allow traversal and suit stealth-oriented playstyles.
Elemental Counter – Water Overcomes Fire
- ICE WEAPON – For a certain period of time, enchants your current melee weapon with Ice.
- FROST LANCE – Summons a sharply pointed icicle to the front. The icicle will accelerate forward or toward the target locked on when it was summoned.
- FROZEN MALICE – Generates a large icicle to the front. The icicle will accelerate forward or toward the target locked on to when it was released.
- OMINOUS CHILL – Summons small icicles to continuously fall on the locked-on target or on a point at a certain distance forward.
- UNSEEABLE FORM – For a certain period of time, turns your body invisible and cannot be detected by enemies.
- AQUA BLINK – Instantly teleport to the front.
- PHANTOM ICICLE – Releases curse bolts that create mysterious fog on contact with enemies or terrain. Enemies that touch the fog will have reduced targeting ability for a set period of time.
- OBSCURING FROST – Generates fog in the area that affects enemies in proximity with reduced targeting ability for a certain period of time.
- MALIGNANT ICEFALL – Summon a large icicle to fall on the locked-on target or on a point at a certain distance to the front.
- CLOUD STANCE – For a certain period of time, reduces consumption of Spirit when deflecting.
- ALACRITY HASTE – Increases movement speed for a certain period of time.
- FROZEN SPEAR TRAP – Sets an icy trap by your feet. Enemies that step on the trap will be impaled by sharp icicles and take damage.
- UNRELENTING FROST – Hurls a blast of ice shards. Continue shooting by holding down the input for Wizardry Spells.
- FROZEN ARROW – Creates a frost that turns into icy pillars after a certain period of time. The icy pillars will accelerate forward or toward the target that was locked on to when they were summoned.
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Review
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Missing Husband Side Quest (Give Woman Copper)
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty: Errand Running Husband Side Quest (Husband Locations)
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty: Taoist’s House Key Side Quest (Hidden Village Locked Door Key Locations)
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Divine Beasts: Details & How To Get Them
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Shitieshou: Location and How To Feed Them
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Tablets: All Tablet Collectible Locations
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Golden Cicada Shells Locations
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Spells: Wizardry Spell & What They Do
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Armors: How To Find, Upgrade and Forge Them
For more useful and helpful Hogwarts Legacy guides, check out our Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Wiki where all of our guides and lists are found. Every guide has a link to video walkthroughs to help you discover everything in the game and get 100% completion including all story achievements/trophies, collectibles and secrets.