In Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, armor is an important piece of equipment that protects the player character from damage. Each piece of armor has its own set of stats and can be upgraded to improve those stats. There are 40 known types of armor in the game, each with its own set of strengths and weaknesses and they are split into two main types.
Light Armor: This type of armor is the most agile and allows for quick movement, but offers the least amount of protection.
Medium Armor: This type of armor is a mix of both heave and light armor, offers medium protection and medium mobility.
Heavy Armor: This type of armor offers the most protection but is also the heaviest and slows the player character down. It is best used for tank builds that prioritize defence over agility.
Armor also has different rarity levels denoted by a star rating, with higher rarity levels generally having better stats. Like weapons, armor can be upgraded to increase its stats and improve its overall effectiveness. Upgrades can include increasing defense, improving resistances to certain types of damage, and adding special effects to the armor.
Additionally, armor sets can provide set bonuses when wearing multiple pieces from the same set, encouraging players to mix and match different pieces of armor to create a build that fits their playstyle.
In Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, every armor possesses distinctive attributes that influence their effectiveness in different combat situations. The following are some of these properties:
- Defence: This is the primary defensive statistic that determines how much health a player loses when hit by an attack.
- Physical Resistance: It is a percentage value that reduces the damage taken from enemy physical attacks.
- Spirit Defence: This feature determines the amount of spirit that a player loses when attacked.
Armors in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty also have varying Rarity levels denoted by a Star Rating. The higher the Rarity, the better the Armor. Rarity typically does not affect a weapon’s parameters, only the amount of Special Effects it can have. Armors can be upgraded however to improve their defence stats.
Armor pieces in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty have a Resistance section in their info screen that shows a radar chart denoting the Elemental Defence. This is a simple measure of an Armor piece’s defence against elemental damage based on the Five Phases of Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Water.
The higher the resistance to a particular element, the less damage you will receive from attacks of that nature, and it also decreases the rate at which status effects of that element accumulate on you. For instance, having high Wood Resistance will greatly reduce the rate at which the Shock status effect accumulates on you.
Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Armors
Armors are not found in just one place, they can be dropped by enemies, found in chests or random loot, however most are tied to specific chapters of the game. Some are for reaching oath rank 10 with companions. I will give you the first location I come across them, but they will be found a lot of other places in the same chapter.
- Nameless Warrior Armor – Starting armor piece
- Crouching Dragon Armor – Reward for completing the games demo before release.
- Baihu armor – pre order the game to get this armor set
- Zhuque armor – pre order the game to get this armor set
- Yellow Turban Bandit Armor – In the small village in chapter 2
- Yellow Turban Champion Armor – Village of Calamity
- Yellow Turban Soldier Armor – Village of Calamity
- Lieutenant General Armor – Village of Calamity
- General of Man Armor – defeat Shang Liang Boss
- Boldness Armor Acquired by getting your companion Zhao Yun to oath level 10
- Wuhuan Cavalry Armor – Two Chivalrous Heroes
- White Horse Servant Cavalry Armor – Two Chivalrous Heroes
- Fierce Zhang Armor – Reach level 10 Oath with Zhang Fei
- Ser Magnificent Beard Armor – Reach level 10 Oath with Guan Yu
- Tianzhu Hermit Armor – Reach level 10 Oath with Hong Jing
- Witch Armor – The Valley of Crying Wraiths
- Wuhuan Cavalry Armor – The Valley of Crying Wraiths
- Heishan Champion Armor – The Flying swallow of Heishan
- Shanyue Armor – in search of the immortal wizard
- Assassins Armor – fall of the corrupted eunuch
- Han Soldier Armor – fall of the corrupted eunuch
- Dong Zhuo Soldier Armor – The Battle of Hulaguan Pass
- War Maiden Armor – The Battle of Hulaguan Pass
- Armor of Rampancy – defeat Hua Xiong on The Battle of Hulaguan Pass
- Dhog Zhuo Officer Armor – Like Father Like Son
- Vicious Tiger Armor – Like Father Like Son
- Tyrants Overlords Armor – War’s Flames Blaze Fiercely
- Taishan Champions Armor – War’s Flames Blaze Fiercely
- Entertainer Armor – War’s Flames Blaze Fiercely
- Armor of Staunchness – The Way of The Warrior
- Taishan Bandit Armor – The Way of The Warrior
- White Horse General Armor – The Way of The Warrior
- Tyrant Overlord Armor – Lu Bu Mightiest Among Men
- Valorous Vanguard Armor – Lu Bu Mightiest Among Men
- Flying General Armor – Behold the Glaives of Righteousness
- Fierce Zhang Armor – Behold the Glaives of Righteousness
- Dread Star of Hejian Armor – Behold the Glaives of Righteousness, Defeat Yan Liang & Wen Cho
- Curse Star of Hejian Armor – Behold the Glaives of Righteousness, Defeat Yan Liang & Wen Cho
- Man of Benevolence Armor – Behold the Glaives of Righteousness, Defeat Liu Bei
- Leader of the Lords Armor – Defeat Yuan Shao in Decisive battle of Guandu
- Evil Taoist Armor – defeat Yu Ji, Decisive battle of Guandu
- Lead Tiger Servants Greaves – Complete the Tiger Loyalists Subjects
- Dauntless Tiger Servant Gauntlets – Complete the Tiger Loyalists Subjects
- Stalwart Tiger Servant Armor – Complete the Tiger Loyalists Subjects
- Unscrupulous Hero Armor – Complete Green Plum, Warm Liquor
- Dragon Strategist Armor – Complete the Crouching Dragon’s Trial
All accessories can be acquired by feeding a Shitieshou.
- Official Seal
- Dizi Flute
- Warfare Classics
- Bronze Liubo Dice
- Incense Container
- Decorative Knot
- A Brief Explanation of Sun Tzu
- General In Chiefs Seal – Defeat Yuan Shao
- Large Grass Knot – Reach oath level 10 with Liu Bei
- Peculiar Inner Elixir – Find all 21 Golden Cicada Shells
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Review
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Missing Husband Side Quest (Give Woman Copper)
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty: Errand Running Husband Side Quest (Husband Locations)
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty: Taoist’s House Key Side Quest (Hidden Village Locked Door Key Locations)
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Divine Beasts: Details & How To Get Them
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Shitieshou: Location and How To Feed Them
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Tablets: All Tablet Collectible Locations
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Golden Cicada Shells Locations
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Spells: Wizardry Spell & What They Do
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Armors: How To Find, Upgrade and Forge Them
For more useful and helpful Hogwarts Legacy guides, check out our Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Wiki where all of our guides and lists are found. Every guide has a link to video walkthroughs to help you discover everything in the game and get 100% completion including all story achievements/trophies, collectibles and secrets.