Welcome to the ultimate Weapons List and Locations Guide for Starfield! In this guide, we’ll explore the diverse range of weapons available in the game, their stats, customization options, obtaining methods, and more. Whether you’re a seasoned explorer or a fresh settler, this guide will equip you with the knowledge you need to wield your arsenal effectively.
Starfield Weapons List & Locations
All legendary weapons are found as random loot drops in the game world, unlike starfield unique weapons, which are discovered in specific locations.
|Negotiator 40mm XPL|
Starfield Legendary & Unique Weapons Explained
What are Starfield legendary items? These items have special effects and make your character more powerful, they also come with 3 mod slots allowing you to make the weapon even more powerful. You can tell which weapons are legendary by their orange colour. Legendary weapons are found as loot in game. Unique weapons are similar to legendary weapons, but have unique names and are not found as loot but have set locations hidden in the game world for you to discover.
There is also a skill buried deep in the skill trees called ‘Special Projects‘, and mastering it will allow players to research and then construct both unique weapons and unique armor suits that are not available anywhere else.
Types of Weapons in Starfield
In the vast universe of Starfield, weapons come in three primary types:
- Ballistic Weapons: These weapons rely on gunpowder to propel physical projectiles. They include rifles, pistols, shotguns, and more.
- Energy Weapons: Harnessing various energy sources, these weapons emit beams or projectiles that deal energy-based damage. Laser pistols and particle beam rifles fall into this category.
- Electromagnetic Weapons (Mag Weapons): Utilizing electromagnetic induction, these powerful tools can unleash serious damage. They feature individual targeting lasers for each barrel.
Revealed Weapons and Weapon Types
Here’s a rundown of some of the weapons you’ll find in Starfield:
- Assault Rifle
- Laser Pistol
- Particle Beam Rifle
- Sniper Rifle
- Sub Machine Gun (SMG)
Weapon Stats & Damage Type
Each weapon in Starfield has its unique strengths and weaknesses. In addition to considering the weapon’s type, players should pay attention to its stats:
- Damage Type: Weapons can deal physical, energy, or electromagnetic (mag) damage.
- Ammo: Various ammo types, such as explosive or armor-piercing rounds, can be modified.
- Magazine Size: The ammunition capacity before reloading.
- Fire Rate: How fast the weapon fires.
- Range: The optimal distance for maximum damage.
- Accuracy: The likelihood of hitting your target.
- Mass: The weight or heaviness of the weapon.
- Mods: Weapons can have multiple mod slots that you can equip to enhance their performance.
Customization and Modification
Starfield offers extensive customization options for your weapons. Mods and attachments can be added to improve weapon stats. These modifications can be found throughout the game world or crafted by players. Attachments, on the other hand, can be purchased from merchants or found in loot chests.
Obtaining Weapons in Starfield
Weapons can be acquired through various means:
- Looting: You can find weapons by looting corpses, crates, or as quest rewards.
- Item Quality: Weapons come in different qualities indicated by colours – grey (basic), blue (rare), and yellow (legendary).
Weapon Modification and Crafting
The weapon modification system in Starfield is robust and diverse. Depending on the weapon, you can have up to eight possible mod slots. Some mod examples include:
- Weapons Receiver: Alter the firing mode between semi-automatic and full-automatic.
- Internal: Change internal mechanisms of the weapon.
- Optic: Attach sights like iron sights or scopes.
- Magazine and Battery: Adjust magazine size and reload speed.
- Muzzle: Attachments like silencers to the weapon’s end.
- Stock: Reduce recoil by equipping a stock.
You can create modifications for your weapons using materials gathered in the game. Patterns and mods can be found or bartered with merchants. This system adds depth to the gameplay and allows for personalization.
Weapon Critical Strikes & Sneak Damage
Weapons in Starfield can perform critical strikes and have a sneak damage modifier. Critical strikes provide increased damage, and sneak damage modifiers amplify damage during stealth attacks. These mechanics can be tied to weapon traits and customization via mods.
Skills to Boost Weapon Damage
Skills in Starfield are divided into categories, with the Combat skill tree being essential for enhancing weapon effectiveness. This includes specific skills for various weapon types, such as shotguns, pistols, lasers, and ballistics. Players can stack these skills to maximize their weapon’s potential.
As you venture into the Settled Systems of Starfield, your choice of weapons and how you customize them will play a pivotal role in your survival. Whether you’re drawn to the raw power of ballistic weapons, the futuristic allure of energy weapons, or the electromagnetic might of mag weapons, understanding the intricacies of weapon stats, modifications, and skills will give you the edge you need. So, equip yourself wisely, settler, and let the stars guide your path to victory!
More Starfield Guides
- The 8 Best Weapons In Starfield
- How To Complete The Starsap Tours Mission Starfield
- How To Complete The Special Sauce Mission Starfield
- How To Complete A Taste of Home Mission Starfield
- Starfield Unique Armor Locations Guide
- Starfield Unique Weapon Locations Guide
- Starfield Guides
- Starfield Legendary Farming Guide
- Starfield Quantum Essence Locations Guide
- Starfield Skill Magazine Locations Guide
For more useful and helpful guides, check out our Starfield Wiki where all of our guides and lists are found. Every guide has a link to video walkthroughs to help you discover everything in the game and get 100% completion including all story achievements/trophies, collectibles and secrets.