The Division 2 Warlords of New York Guide
The Division 2 Warlords of New York Guide will give you all the details you need to know about the upcoming gameplay expansion on March 3rd. Taking you back to Manhattan, the warlords DLC introduces new missions, SHD levels and a new end game experience.
We have compiled a list of all the upcoming changes including all the pre order info you need to know. Check out the The Division 2 Warlords of New York Guide below.
The Division 2 Warlords of New York DLC Overview
The division 2 warlords of New York sees you hunt down Aaron Keener and his dangerous gang of agents. The biggest expansion to the game for a long time, the goal is to incorporate three major things.
Expand the story, incorporate player feedback to improve the game and completely change the way end game works. All the changes are listed below and we will see more when the DLC releases including more exotics, named items and gear.
The Division 2 Warlords of New York DLC Campaign
The new Division 2 New York DLC adds plenty of new content to the game including a large campaign. Here are the mission details.
- New Max Level: 40
- Map Expansion: Lower Manhattan
- 4 Named Zones
- Fog of War – Explore the map to identify points of interest and activities.
- Wide range of Open World activities as well as new secrets and collectibles to find.
- Open Ended Campaign
- Enemies now scale to your level
- Explore Lower Manhattan without level restrictions
- Five distinct investigation threads, each linking the main and side missions together and leading you through the narrative.
- 5 Main Missions
- 8 Side Missions
- Main missions and side missions are now linked together.
- Improved Boss fight mechanics
- Unique Skill Mod rewards
New York Gangs
New gangs roam the streets of New York since the last time players where here. Made up of a mixture of new gangs and parts of old gangs like the rikers.
- Rikers – Escaped inmates from Rikers Island Prison.
- Cleaners – Former sanitation workers who believe the way to stop the virus is to burn it out.
- Peacekeepers – Civilian group made up from battle-hardened survivors and former JTF members.
The Division 2 Warlords of New York DLC End Game Changes
End Game Overview
One of the biggest changes in this update will be how the end game works, introducing seasons, SHD system, legendary difficulty and more to the game.
At 12 weeks long, a season will task you to hunt down manhunt targets and earn unique rewards. Season are only available after level 40 is reached and offer players plenty of XP and unique rewards. Seasons are pretty similar to a battle pass in most battle royale games.
- Seasonal Manhunt Targets
- Reimagined Global Events
- Apparel Events
- Season Events
The new infinite progression system, replacing the Field Proficiency Cache system for all players having reached Level 40. SHD Levels allows you to invest points into one of four distinct Core Attribute categories upon reaching your next SHD Level, as well as a scavenging category granting you credits or crafting materials.
- The Core Attribute categories upgrades are finite. Once maxed out, the SHD level points can be spend into the fifth, scavenging category – yielding credits and crafting materials.
- Weapon Damage
- Headshot Damage
- Critical Hit Chance
- Critical Hit Damage
- Explosive Resistance
- Hazard Protection
- Skill Damage
- Skill Haste
- Skill Duration
- Skill Repair
- Reload Speed
- Ammo Capacity
- Carbon Fibre
- Printer Filament
- In addition, your SHD levels visuals will become increasingly-impressive over time, signifying reached significant milestones to other agents.
After reaching level 40, some strongholds will offer legendary difficulty gameplay to keep you on your toes. New legendary AI is sure to challenge even the most experienced players.
- Roosevelt Island
- Capitol Building
- District Union Arena
Set your Global Difficulty to Heroic to make Control points and Bounties as well as missions more of a challenge. You will also be able to reset maps once you have cleared them.
Add modifiers to game in order to earn more XP. Modifiers can be applied to even global difficulty making for the challenging of content. A total of 5 modifiers can be active at any given time.
The Division 2 Warlords of New York DLC Pre Order Bonuses
Pre Order Bonuses
If you purchase any early copy of the expansion you will receive the early buyers bonus. You will receive a level 40 Enforcer Shotgun, a New York City police outfit, and a level 30 boost.
Warlords of New York Ultimate Edition
It comes with the base game, the Year 1 Pass of DLC, and the Warlords of New York expansion when it releases on March 3. It’s currently discounted to $53, down from $80. It also includes the Ultimate Pack, which is a bundle that contains the Battleworn Secret Service pack, the First Responder pack, and the Elite Agent pack. As is the case with the other editions, you’ll get the pre-order bonuses as well.
The Division 2 Warlords of New York DLC Update 8 Patch Notes
The division 2 warlords of new York expansion comes with a new update, title update 8 and here are the patch notes.
- New Level 30 Power Level
- Gear Score 515
- Gear 2.0
- Reworked brand set bonuses to better fit common playstyles
- Return of the so called” God Roll”, allowing items to potentially drop with maxed out attributes in all areas
- Core attributes for all items
- Improved UI to at a glance identify the quality of an item
- More powerful, build-defining talents
- Talent requirement has been removed
- Gear sets and Exotics revamp
- Mod slots have been redistributed and are now linked to specific gear slots
- & more…
- Recalibration Changes
- Extract item talents and attributes and store them permanently in your recalibration library
- If you find a higher roll of a stored attribute, you can replace the old stored attribute at any time
- The UI will seamlessly indicate that you have a better roll available to store in the library
- Stored attributes can be used indefinitely and are not used up in the recalibration process
- Talents, stats, core stats and mod slots will be recalibratable
- The 1 recalibration per item limit will remain
- & more…
- Skill Power Changes
- Skill Tier is replacing skill power
- 6 Skill Tiers; each item with the Skill Tier core attribute will add one tier
- Each tier boosts the skill’s effectiveness
- Overcharge mechanic – Paired with gear and exotic talents, skills can now Overcharge, greatly increasing the skill’s effectiveness for a short duration
- Skill Mods no longer have skill power requirements
- & more…
- Dark Zone Improvements
- Dark Zone XP is now only obtainable through player-to-player interactions, successful extractions and the collection of supply drops
- All Dark Zone loot is now contaminated and needs to be extracted
- Rolls on items are now visible before extraction
- VOIP will now default to open mic, with the option to set it to Team only or turn it off entirely
- New Dark Zone Currency, obtained by stealing and killing other agents
- The ability to see all players within a 100-meter radius in the social menu
- Signature weapons and their ammo is now removed from the Dark Zone
- Removed the Grey Rogue status
- Added an extra extraction site per Washington D.C. Dark Zone
- & more