Resident Evil 4 features a wide range of weapons that players can use to take on the hordes of infected enemies they encounter throughout the game. Each weapon has its strengths and weaknesses, and players must choose the right tool for the job depending on the situation.
The game’s primary weapon is the handgun, which is reliable and accurate. Players can find this weapon early in the game and upgrade it throughout to increase its firepower, capacity, and reload speed. The shotgun is another useful weapon that is highly effective at close range and can take out multiple enemies at once. However, its slow rate of fire makes it less effective at medium to long ranges.
The rifle is a long-range weapon that is highly accurate and can take out enemies from a safe distance. This makes it useful for picking off enemies before they get too close. The rifle can also be upgraded to increase its firepower and zoom level, making it even more effective at long ranges.
The TMP (tactical machine pistol) is a rapid-fire machine gun that can deal a lot of damage quickly. It has a high rate of fire but low accuracy, making it best suited for close-range combat. The magnum is a powerful handgun that can take out enemies in one shot. It has a slow rate of fire but high damage and can be upgraded to increase its firepower and capacity.
The grenade launcher is a highly versatile weapon that can fire a variety of rounds, including explosive, acid, and incendiary. It has a slow rate of fire but can take out multiple enemies at once. Finally, the rocket launcher is a highly powerful weapon that can take out enemies in one shot. It is especially effective against bosses and can be found or purchased throughout the game.
Players can also use grenades and other explosive devices to take out enemies. However, these are in limited supply, and players must use them wisely to make the most of them. Overall, players must carefully manage their inventory and upgrade their weapons as they progress through the game to ensure they have the best possible chance of survival.
Resident Evil 4 Remake Weapons List
The full Resident Evil 4 Remake Weapons list are as follows:
- SG-09 R – Default weapon, given to Leon at the start of the game.
- Punisher – Bought from the merchant for Spinal
- Red9 – Found in a boat in the middle of the lake
- Blacktail – Bought from the merchant for Spinal
- Matilda – Bought from the merchant for Spinal
- Sentinel Nine – Pre order weapon
- W-870 Shotgun – In the village area with the fire
- Riot Gun – Bought from the merchant
- Striker – Bought from the merchant
- Stingray – Bought from the merchant
- CQBR Assault Rifle – Found in the Library in chapter 10
- SR M1903 – Bought from the merchant
- Skull Shaker – Pre order weapon
- Broken Butterfly – Bought from the merchant
- Killer7 – Bought from the merchant
- Handcannon – Unlocked by completing a NEW GAME in the main story on Professional mode without using any bonus weapons
- TMP – Found in the well in the village during chapter 1-1.
- LE 5 – Power console puzzle in Chapter 13
- Bolt Thrower – Bought from the merchant
- TMP – Bought from the merchant
- Chicago Sweeper – Unlocked by completing the main story on Professional mode with an A rank
- Rocket Launcher – Bought from the merchant
- Infinite Rocket Launcher – Bought for 2 million ptas New game +
- Combat Knife – Default weapon, given to Leon at the start of the game.
- Kitchen Knife – Found in the Farm area
- Boot Knife – Dropped by the first enemy in Chapter 7
- Fighting Knife – Boss in chapter 14
- Primal Knife – Find all 16 Castellans
- Hand Grenade – Random drops
- Heavy Grenade – Random drops
- Flash Grenade – Random drops
- Attachable Mines/Bolts – Random drops
Note that some of these weapons require specific conditions or actions to obtain, and their locations may vary depending on the difficulty level and game mode. Additionally, all weapons can be upgraded by spending money at various merchants throughout the game.
Resident Evil 4 Remake Crafting
Resident Evil 4 does not have a traditional crafting system like some other games, but it does have a system where players can combine certain items to create more powerful or useful items. Here are the ways that players can “craft” items in Resident Evil 4:
- Combining herbs: There are three types of herbs in the game, green, red, and yellow. Green herbs can be combined with other green herbs or with red or yellow herbs to create more powerful healing items. Red herbs do not have any effect on their own, but can be combined with green herbs to increase their potency. Yellow herbs do not heal, but can be combined with green and red herbs to increase maximum health and defence.
- Combining ammo: Players can combine certain types of ammo to create more powerful or specialized ammo types. For example, handgun ammo can be combined with gunpowder to create magnum ammo, and shotgun shells can be combined with grenade shells to create explosive rounds.
- Combining treasures: Players can combine certain treasures to create more valuable treasures that can be sold for more money. These combinations are usually hinted at by examining the treasures in the inventory screen.
- Weapon Upgrades: While not technically crafting, players can upgrade their weapons “Tune Up” by spending money at various merchants throughout the game. These upgrades can increase damage, reload speed, capacity, and other aspects of the weapons, making them more powerful and efficient.
By combining herbs, ammo, and treasures, players can create items that are more effective in combat and exploration. Upgrading weapons can also significantly increase the player’s chances of survival.
Resident Evil 4 does not have a traditional recipe system, but there are a few combinations of items that players can use to create useful or powerful items. Here are some “recipes” for these combinations:
- Green herb + green herb = mixed herb (heals a moderate amount of health)
- Green herb + red herb = mixed herb (heals a large amount of health)
- Green herb + yellow herb = mixed herb (increases maximum health)
- Green herb + red herb + yellow herb = mixed herb (heals a large amount of health and increases maximum health)
- Handgun ammo + gunpowder = magnum ammo
- Shotgun shells + grenade shells = explosive rounds
- Velvet Blue + Yellow Herb + Green Herb + Red Herb = Bottle Caps (a collectible item with no practical use)
- Ruby + Pearl Pendant = Elegant Mask (a treasure that can be sold for a high price)
- Golden Lynx + Golden Sword = Elegant Headdress (a treasure that can be sold for a high price)
Note that some treasures can be combined in different ways to create new treasures or to increase their value when sold, but these combinations are usually hinted at by examining the treasures in the inventory screen.
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Treasures: How To Make Money
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Enemies: All Bosses and Other Monsters
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Secrets: All Hidden Features, Cheats and Unlockables
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Costumes: All Armors, Clothing and Outfits (How To Unlock)
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Weapons: Guns, Crafting & Attachments Recipes
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Quests: All Missions and Side Missions
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Extreme Difficulty: How To Unlock Secret Mad Chainsaw Mode
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Village Attack: How To Survive
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Achievements: All RE4 Trophies and Achievements
For more useful and helpful RE4 Remake guides, check out our Resident Evil 4 Remake Wiki where all of our guides and lists are found. Every guide has a link to video walkthroughs to help you discover everything in the game and get 100% completion including all story achievements/trophies, collectibles and secrets.