The next update to PUBG console is arriving soon with the announcement of the season 5 for the game. The release date was shown at the end of the new season 5 trailer. Here are the details of what we know so far.
PUBG Xbox Update Release Date
The new update to the game will be arriving on October the 29th for both Xbox and PlayStation 4. Its unclear as of yet if the update will be arriving earlier on the PTS.
New Season 5 Details
We dont have the official patch notes for season 5 yet on console however, the update has released on PC and most of the changes for the PC Update will be the same as that on console.
- A LA Muerte Vamos Track
- A race track has been added, which was the venue for A La Muerte Vamos in Miramar.
- New Gold Mirado
- A Gold Mirado has been added to Miramar, which can only be found parked at the garage in Hacienda del Patron.
- Spring-cleaned Miramar
- Removed some small objects and trash in and around buildings to reduce clutter and make movement easier when looting.
Vending Machines Added
- Vending machines have been placed in Miramar and Camp Jackal to provide a new looting experience other than picking up items spawned on the floor.
- You can get Painkillers and Energy Drinks from Vending Machines.
- Win94 will now come automatically equipped with an irremovable 2.7x scope. Other specs have not changed.
- Win94 is now a Miramar exclusive weapon.
Added feature to throw items to teammates
- Added feature allowing players to throw certain requested items to teammates.
- Items can be thrown a maximum of 15m.
- Items thrown to you by teammates will be placed directly into your inventory.
Added melee weapon throwing combat feature
- You can now use all melee weapons as a throwable tool to attack your enemies.
- Multiple melee weapons now stack in your inventory, allowing you to carry multiple at once.
- There are two different melee damage categories when thrown.
- To inflict the most damage, you must hit within 15m. Damage will begin to drop off from 15-30/40m distance.
- From within 15m distance, one melee throw to the head can kill enemy players without helmets.
Other Season 5 Changes
In addition to new content, there are plenty of other changes on the way including performance improvements, bug fixes, UI changes and also a new Season pass and survival title systems. The full PC patch notes can be seen here.
The PUBG console update arrives on October 29th.