PUBG Update 6.2 Patch Notes
PUBG Update 6.2 Patch Notes Content Changes
The long-requested Team Deathmatch mode has now arrived! Intense 8v8 FPP fights on 7 different battlefields pulled from your favorite maps. TDM features classic PUBG gunplay and mechanics with all the fun and action of respawning back into the fight. The boost gauge functions differently in TDM and fills by scoring kills and assists, restoring your health after you haven’t received damage for 5 seconds.
The team with the most kills in 10 minutes, or the first to reach 50 kills wins the round, with 2 round wins securing the match victory.
Game mode overview:
- 8 vs 8
- FPP only
- Weapon Spawn Kits
- No knockdowns
- No friendly fire
Read more details on the introduction of Team Deathmatch here.
Jump into TDM through the new Arcade section of the menu.
The other big change coming this update is to grenades and all grenades will be improved.
- Vests now mitigate damage received from Frag Grenades, but vest durability isn’t reduced when taking damage from Frags.
- Frags will deal 20% less damage to prone players.
- Item weight increased by 50%.
- Pulling the pin of a Frag is now louder and audible from further away.
- Essentially frags are getting nerfed but the other are improved.
- Decreased fuse time from 3 seconds to 1 second. A slight but welcome change
- Increased indirect hit effect radius to 6.5 metres
- Ringing sound now impacts players through walls
- Added slight camera shake to players near the explosion.
- The fuse mechanics have changed
- Stuns now explode 0.7 sec after first impact, or after fuse timer runs out, whichever comes first and fuse time has increased to 5 seconds.
- Increased the speed at which fire spreads by 50%.
- Fire can now spread slightly further
- Changed the way fire spreads around objects making it spread around trees for example.
- Re-introduced direct damage while standing in fire, in additional to existing damage over time.
- Fire now reaches higher and should be obstructed less by small objects.
Frag and Stun Grade visual effects have also been updated, alongside a more realistic Frag Grenade sound.
Based on player feedback, the devs have attempted to make more of the player model visible when peeking to the right to make it more in line with peeking left.
- Players viewing their opponent from the right side of objects will now have more of their body exposed
- Player’s head will lean slightly more towards the scope when ADS, so that character’s head is more exposed
- Made adjustments to some weapons to have characters body be more exposed when peering to the right of objects
Several changes are taking place to improve the balance of the map
- G36C and MP5K have been added to Karakin
- Spawn rate of First Aid Kits and boost items have been increased
- Spawn rate of bandages has been decreased
- Spawn rate of DMR, SR and Win94 on Karakin has been decreased
- Increased care package airplane speed to move faster across the island
- These changes will hopefully improve Karakin and the changes were based on player feedback.
Adjusted Blue Zone effects
- Distortion effect has been removed and you can see that in the image here
- Altered effect where the Blue Zone meets the ground, to more clearly identify the Blue Zone edge
- Lowered the top wall of the Blue Zone
- Updated visual shaders
- Effects will become more intense as phases progress
- Changed sounds for entering and exiting the Blue Zone
- Low volume humming sound can now be heard while within 10~15m from Blue Zone
Blood Effects Visibility Improvement
- Increased blood color saturation over distance for better visibility
- Added distance scaling to blood effects
Parachute ‘Follow’ Feature
Added parachute follow feature to help teammates land together
- During the pre-match countdown, follow UI will be shown at the bottom left of the screen.
- Open the map to select a teammate to follow.
- You can still select a teammate to follow up until exiting the plane.
- After selecting a teammate to follow, you can cancel on the map screen, or also by holding F while in the plane, or while actively following a player in your parachute.
- If you’re obstructed by terrain or an object, your follow will be cancelled.
Friends List UI improvement
- Visual improvement on friends list has been made
- A new icon to distinguish on/offline state has been added
- Improved ID search button UI
- Leave team button has been relocated to the team tab
- Button features which were provided in icons are now available in the context menu on the left
- Hover the mouse cursor on the ID to bring the context menu
- INVITE, FOLLOW/UNFOLLOW, PROFILE, KICK functions can be used on the context menu
- Online users are listed on the top and offline users are listed separately on the foldable list
- Slots in the Team tab are separated into 4 slots. Slots are activated accordingly to selected game mode (Solo/Duo/Squad)
- Host player will be displayed with a star on the top left of the ID
- Invite button has been added on the Career page
- Key guide text displayed on the starting island has been modified
- It will be displayed in nouns just like other options which have no direct effect on the game play (Map, Mission List, Inventory etc.)
- Alt+K: Toggle Key Hint → Alt+K: On-Screen Key Guide
- Added brightness adjustment for Karakin
- Performance has been improved with additional WorldOriginShift optimizations.
- Custom match
- Erangel classic has been removed
- Observing UI polishing
- Adjusted the sidearm weapon slot in the name layout UI to have weapon icon centered
- Made fine grid adjustments on the all areas of name layout UI
- Default pattern of team number (logo) area has been modified
- This pattern is displayed when not using the logo. Fixed the pattern area so that stripe pattern is displayed properly on trapezoidal shape.
- Relevant UIs are player list, name layout and team list
- PGC 2019 champions and new contents have been added to the hall of fame, Erangel.
- Picture of PGC 2019 champions, Gen.G and 2019 PGC panorama has been added
- PGI key art insignia/banner has been deleted. Gen.G insignia/banner has been added on different location
- Added posters of global events (PAI, PNC, PGC) run by PUBG in 2019
- PGI 2018 FPP champion, OMG’s graffiti has been removed and replaced with 2019 champ, Gen.G
- PGI 2018(OMG, Gen.G gold), PGC 2019 Champion’s (Gen.G) uniform has been added
- The names of champions on the molding has been deleted
- PGC 2019 trophy has been added
- Store sales (Sales period 2/19~3/19)
- CHEERLEADER SET, 5 items
- BADLANDS LEISURE SET, 4 items
- Improved parachute backpack model design
- Improved backpack design will be applied to all parachute skins
Survivor Pass Shakedown
The 2nd track of Survivor Pass missions has been unlocked, along with 6 new Karakin exclusive missions! Please note that new missions will be unlocked after the Live server update!
- Detailed list of missions
- Survive for more than 3 minutes in Karakin
- Destroy 2 destructible walls with sticky bombs
- Survive 2 times in the Black Zone
- Drop into a named location on Karakin
- Deal total amount of 100 damage through penetrable walls
- Get a kill through a penetrable wall
- Weapon Mastery Balancing
- Early levels of Weapon Mastery now require less XP to earn. As a result of this change, players may find that some of their Weapon Mastery levels are slightly higher than before.
- Due to a technical issue, the PUBG ID feature has been temporarily disabled.
- Replays from previous updates are no-longer playable, as the replay system has been updated
- Resolved issue which allowed a players breath gauge to instantly recover in certain situations when coming out of the water
- Resolved issue that prevented players from being moved to their correct spawn location when vaulting at match start in War Mode using ground respawn
- Resolved issue with player death boxes blocking grenade damage
- Resolved issue with care packages not blocking grenade damage
- Resolved issue with the headshot blood effects blocking vision in FPP
- Resolved issue which preventing healing/boost item animations from playing when spamming the use hotkey
- Resolved issue of some object edges becoming transparent when close to the blue zone
- Minor map bug fixes on Erangel and Karakin
Skins & Items
- When a female character wearing Rapture Squad Gloves with tattoo sleeve, wrist looks transparent
- Visual issue with character model’s arm when wearing the Tenebres Combat Vest
- Fixed issue in replays which could prevent certain players from being displayed on the minimap
- Fixed issue in replays which would display incorrect grid sizes on some maps
- Reduced volume of Sticky Bomb sound effects, as they were louder than intended
PUBG Update 5.2 The details of PUBG update 5.2 have...
Console 5.2 Update The PUBG Console 5.2 update is now...
The next PUBG update will bring a new season that...