Hogwarts Legacy Tips & Tricks For Beginners
Welcome to our guide on “55 Hogwarts Legacy Tips for Beginners”! If you’re new to the world of Wizarding, this guide will help you get started on your journey through Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
In this video, we’ll provide you with 55 useful tips to help you navigate the game and make the most out of your experience. From character creation and spells to combat and exploration, we’ve got you covered.
Learn how to craft potions, tame magical creatures, and uncover the secrets of the wizarding world. Our tips will give you a head start on your journey to becoming a powerful wizard or witch.
Whether you’re a fan of the Harry Potter series or new to the magical world, “Hogwarts Legacy” promises to be an unforgettable experience. So sit back, grab your wand, and let’s dive into our comprehensive guide of “55 Hogwarts Legacy Tips for Beginners”!
- You can quickly get down from high places by equipping your broom mid air to avoid fall damage, plus it looks awesome when you do it
- Always bring a lot of healing potions before doing any main quest or dungeon, as many as you can carry.
- When in Combat try to use combos instead of individual shots not only for killing enemies quicker but it will refill your ancient magic meter
- One of the funnest combos is to use Accio before Depulso to throw an enemy of ledge.
- If you dont have the proper spell equipped to break an enemy shield, throwing objects at them will also do this.
- You can open your spell menu and change spells mid combat if you want to
- In fact equip different attack spells to all your spells sets and that allows you to spam your spells and once you’ve cycles through 12 spells the first spells should be recharged enough to use again.
- Every time you get attacked and can block make sure to hold the button down to counter and use stupefy which also breaks any enemy shields.
- You cannot fast travel in combat, but you can equip your broom and fly away if your having trouble.
- One of the most overpowered abilities Petrificus Totalis which kills smaller enemies instantly while sneaking and deals damage to bigger ones.
- Be on the lookout for duelling feats in combat to complete your challenges
- if your having issues, Check the enemies page in your collection to get tips on enemy weaknesses and help with duelling feats.
- Use Revelio like all the time, there is so much to find in game that you will need to spam the button.
- When using Revelio, the spell will make a bell ringing sound if there is a field guide page nearby
- You can also use Revelio while flying, its good as the distance seen by the spell is further than on foot.
- In fact you should pick up every field guide as you find them, even if you dont care about collectibles, its because its one of the best ways to get lots of XP.
- You should collect the Demiguise statues as soon as the mission is available as it unlocks lockpicking level 3 and so you can open anything as you explore
- Start side quests as you come across them, even if you dont plan to play them yet as you might complete them as you explore.
- Progress through the main story a while before doing a lot of anything else as things are locked behind it like, brooms, room of requirement, spells, talents, dark arts etc.
- Not all quests will give you map marker on where to complete them, so make sure to read the quest descriptions.
- If you select a quest and it is on the map press the locate on map button to quickly find it.
- Always check out whether you can talk to your teachers after they taught you a new spell. You often get some nice extra conversation and background story which you can easily miss.
- Check your owl post after every mission, as its where missions get updated
- Change the time of day at any time by going to the map and pressing wait
- This is also good for vendors as their stocks replenish every two and half days in game.
- Some things can only be collected at night like Demiguise statues and astronomy tables
- Its worth your time unlocking all the ancient magic hotspots early as it will upgrade your ancient magic meter to 5 slots.
- Also completing merlin trials early will increase your gear slots
- You dont need to equip Wingardium Leviosa, if you use Accio on a movable object, its cast automatically.
- You can roll through crawl spaces to get through them more quickly
- Always unlock the chests with an eye on them as they contain 500 coins inside of them.
- The type of gear you get in chests is random like a cloak or gloves, but if your opening a legendary chest, you can save the game and reload until you get the type of gear you need.
- You can never have enough moonstones as they are needed to conjure items in your room of requirement so pick them up when exploring
- You can upgrade your broom but you must complete the side quest flight test
- Your broom has a boost but it does not get depleted if you fly close to the ground
- When exploring caves always go off the main path to find chests and other good loot.
- The game has no auto loot so make sure to pick items up from the ground
- If your looking for a better looking playthrough you can turn off everything in the HUD like the minimap, and if your lost press down on the Dpad to get pointed in the right direction.
Gear & Upgrades Tips
- If you get an armor piece with a question mark it needs to be revealed at the table in the room of requirement.
- Sell armor as soon as you dont need it as inventory space is limited
- Dont worry though even after you sell gear, you permanently unlock the appearance of it
- The look of your armor can changed in the appearance section of it in the gear menu, hover over a press appearance
- You can turn on and off the hood of cloaks and robes
- You can change your characters appearance once in Hogsmeade
- When completing challenges dont forget to collect the rewards usually new appearance items.
- Learn new spells as soon as they become available as you will need them for exploring and solving puzzles.
- You can unlock 4 Spells slots so you can equip different combinations of spells, like one for combat and one for exploration, which you can quickly switch between.
- Start breeding animals as soon as the game allows by following deeks quests in the room of requirement, as the offspring can be sold for easy cash
- Also collecting animals is the cheapest way to upgrade gear as feeding and petting them gives you upgrade materials.
- When potting plants in the room of requirement, instead of buying a small medium and large planter, its more cost effective to save up for a large planter as it fits all the smaller plants inside.
- Always Stock up on potions and buy recipes when you can afford them
- Look around your vivarium’s, each of them has some conjuration chests to open and free moonstones lying around.
- Plan your talents before you spend them as you only have 36 points to spend out of a possible 48
- Also on that same note the talents tree cannot be re-spec so your stuck with the talent you choose.
- The most important skill to learn first is basic cast mastery as in lowers spell cooldown time with every hit
- Lastly the most important tip of the game, always tip the busker while in Hogsmeade, Ill let you see what happens.
Hogwarts Legacy Tips
- Hogwarts Legacy Infamous Foes: All 21 Infamous Foe Locations
- Hogwarts Legacy Tips & Tricks For Beginners
- Hogwarts Legacy Landing Platforms: How Find All 20
- Hogwarts Legacy Ancient Magic Hotspots: How Find All 20
- Hogwarts Legacy Chests: All Collection Chest Locations
- Hogwarts Legacy Armor: All Collection Outfits & Gear
- Hogwarts Legacy Spells: All Spells & How To Learn Them
- Hogwarts Legacy Demiguise Statues: The Man Behind The Moons
- Hogwarts Legacy Merlin Trials: How To Complete All Merlin Trials
- Hogwarts Legacy Cairn Dungeons: All Cairn Dungeon Locations
For more useful and helpful Hogwarts Legacy guides, check out our Hogwarts Legacy Wiki where all of our guides and lists are found. Every guide has a link to video walkthroughs to help you discover everything in the game and get 100% completion including all story achievements/trophies, collectibles and secrets.