All characters and NPCs in God of War Ragnarok – NPCs are any character in the game except the playable one Kratos, they include allies, enemies, quest givers, story related characters, companions and people from lore.
God of War Ragnarok NPC Character List
- Kratos: The main protagonist of the God of War Series. The Spartan God of War.
- Atreus: Kratos’ son from his second marriage. God of Deception, Chaos, Serpents, Stories, Magic, Lies and Artifice. Known from Jotnar as Loki.
- Mimir: The Norse God Of Wisdom and Knowledge who is known as The Smartest Man Alive who became a reanimated head.
- Thor: The father of Magni and Modi and son of Odin. God of Thunder, Strength, Lightning, Storms, Sky, War and Consecration. Husband of Sif.
- Freya: The mother of Baldur, the former wife of Odin, and the former Queen of the Valkyries. Goddess of Magic, Love, Beauty, Death, War and Fertility.
- Odin: The King of Asgard, God of War, Wisdom, Death, Poetry, Sky, Knowledge and Magic and father of Thor and Týr.
- Angrboða: One of the last non-Fire Jötnar and wife of Loki, Mother of the three monstrous children.
- Týr: The Norse God of War, Law, Honor, Justice and son of Odin who was betrayed by his father.
- Brok and Sindri (Huldra Brothers): Renowned Dwarf blacksmiths who forged the Leviathan Axe and Mjölnir.
- Durlin: The second dwarf created after the first and foremost dwarf Mótsognir. In the first trailer, Durlin appears to be acquaintances of Brok and Sindri. He carries around a purple squidopus named Dínner on his shoulder.
- Fenrir: The giant wolf and the son of Loki and Angrboða.
- Jörmungandr: The world serpent who is also the son of Loki and Angrboða.
- Sköll and Hati: Two wolf giants, the sons of Fenrir and the grandsons of Loki and Angrboða.
- Speki and Svanna: Kratos’ and Atreus’ female wolves who pull their sled.
God of War Ragnarok Enemy NPCs
- Draugr: The most common enemy found in the Norse Realms. Draugr are reanimated corpses that haunt battlefields. Many varieties of Draugr exist, some with magical abilities and others with different weapons and equipment such as shields. They are found commonly throughout Midgard.
- Light Elves: One of the two Elven races that make their home in Alfheim. Since the previous game, they have taken a more warrior approach as they are shown to fight both Kratos and Atreus.
- Hel-Walkers: They are souls who are unable to rest and enter the afterlife, due to Odin breaking the balance between the realms by corrupting the Valkyries, which ultimately led to the overflowing of Helheim and the spreading of the Hel-Walkers all throughout Midgard.
- Berserkers: Human or humanoid warriors.
- Stalker: A Centaur-like creature with antlers that is armed with a bow and arrow.
- Dreki: A giant crocodile-like creature from Svartalfheim.
- Grims: Bipedal lizard-like monsters with a “Cursed” variant that spits toxic bile.
- Dragons: Gigantic and dangerous flying reptiles that shoot lightning from their mouths.
- Einherjar: Warriors who have died and gone to Valhalla and fight at Odin’s command.
- Flame Phantom: A creature made of fire and rock in Muspelheim. It bears a rune that acts as a weak spot.
- Nightmares: Floating eyeball-like monsters that can can launch projectiles.
- Corrupted Valkyries: Valkyries are spirits but corrupted into their physical form by Odin.
That’s our guide for all the characters and NPCs in God of War Ragnarok. For more God of War Ragnarok content, players can visit our previous articles below to get to know more about the game: