The first borderlands 3 update will be arriving soon, however until then the devs have released some useful workarounds to improve performance, frame rate issues and some common bugs.
Redeeming reward items for Pre-Orders, Deluxe Editions, or Vault Insider Program
- All reward items granted from outside of Borderlands 3 are delivered to you via the in-game Mail system. To check your mail, you must be logged into a character in-game. Go to the Pause menu and select Social, then navigate to the Mail tab to claim your content. Selecting Social from the main menu immediately upon loading the game will not work. You will not be able to receive the item from your mail if your inventory is currently full, but the item will not be lost.
Mission progress in solo play halted after skipping ahead in online co-op
- In rare instances, you may be unable to progress your mission after skipping ahead to a later story mission during online co-op play. If you find that you cannot progress when playing your own game, or are unable to interact with doors and NPCs properly, queue into another instance of Campaign Matchmaking co-op and advance your mission progress past the blocker you encountered.
Cloud Saves resulting in lost progress or empty Player Banks
- Epic has deployed a hotfix for Borderlands 3 that should address issues with Cloud Saves going forward; we will continue to monitor the hotfix and verify that this issue has been resolved. If you’d like to take every precaution possible, you can disable Cloud Saves for Borderlands 3 via the Epic Games launcher.
- Set the Graphics API to DirectX 11 in the Options menu; this specific option is located in the Visuals menu, under the Advanced tab, then the General section.
- Reduce the Volumetric Fog setting in the Options menu; this specific option is located in the Visuals menu, under the Advanced tab, then the Graphics section.
Cutscenes not displaying properly in ultrawide resolution
- Turn “FidelityFX Sharpening” to “Off” in the Options menu; this specific option is located in the Visuals menu, under the Advanced tab.
Changing the language settings
- Go into the Epic Games store client and select “Settings” in the bottom left. Scroll down to the “Manage Games” option near the bottom of your settings and expand the entry title “Borderlands 3”. Check the box under “Additional Command Line Arguments” and then apply whichever supported language you want:
|Russian (text only)||-culture=ru|
|Brazilian Portuguese (text only)||-culture=pt-BR|
PS4 & XBOX ONE
- Reduce the “Social Notification Frequency” setting in the Options menu; this specific option is located in the Network & Social menu. This will reduce the rate at which friend progression notifications are displayed on your screen. This will not impact your ability to receive direct communication or invitations from friends.
Framerate/performance issues on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X
- Switch from Resolution mode to Performance mode in the Options menu; this specific option is located in the Visuals menu.
For the latest Borderlands 3 news, updates and guides check out our official Borderlands 3 Wiki Guide.