85 Facts About Hogwarts Legacy You Need To Know
85 Facts About Hogwarts Legacy You Need To Know – Hogwarts Legacy could very well be the biggest game of 2023 and I cant wait to play it when it release, but in the mean time I wanted share with you everything we know about the game so far to date. Including release info, version details, the story, the characters, the gameplay and anything else there is to know about Hogwarts legacy, even your JK Rowling questions will be answered.
Lets jump into it.
Hogwarts Legacy release date history and whose making it
- Hogwarts legacy was officially revealed at a playstation showcase event in September of 2020 and the trailer mentioned it was coming sometime in 2021.
- However, The games first gameplay was revealed way back in 2018 when a leak was posted to reddit
- and in January of the following year, a few months after the official trailer, they revealed that the release had been pushed back to an unknown time in 2022.
- That release date was to be December of 2022 but again in august of 2022, the game was delated yet again to the current release date of February 10th 2023 and fingers crossed there is no super late delay of the game.
- Now those release dates given are for PS5 and Xbox Series X versions along with PC, but there is a delay to every other version of the game,
- WB Games says that PS4 and Xbox One players will need to wait until April 4, 2023 to play Hogwarts Legacy, while the Switch version will come out July 25, 2023, citing game experience issues.
- Hogwarts Legacy will release here in the US with a T 14 rating from the ESRB for fantasy violence, blood, mild language and use of alcohol.
- Now if you’re wondering about the devs for this game, it’s avalanche software and this is kind of there biggest ever game and so its make or break for them as developers.
- They are publishing the game under the port key games label, which created the wizarding world, something we will mention in more detail later in the video.
Hogwarts Legacy pre-order, editions and prices for the game
- If you happen to pre order the game you will get access to some exclusive stuff. There’s an exclusive Onyx Hippogriff Mount available as a Hogwarts Legacy pre-order bonus across all platforms
- PS5 and PS4 owners can get a Felix Felicis Potion item and access to an exclusive Haunted Hogsmeade Shop quest by pre-ordering via the PlayStation store.
- There’s also a Hogwarts Legacy Deluxe Edition which includes 72 hours early access to the game, and a Dark Arts Pack which includes additional themed in-game items.
Hogwarts Legacy Collector’s Edition
- If you want to pick up the collectors edition, The limited edition bundle comes with everything that’s included in the Hogwarts Legacy Deluxe Edition – including the 72 hour early access, and Dark Arts Pack – as well as a suite of other exclusive content.
- You’ll get an Onyx Hippogriff Mount, a Kelpie Robe to dress your character in, a steel case to hold the game, and a life-size floating Ancient Magic Wand with Book Base and this will cost you no less than $295 or £275, which is yeah steep.
Hogwarts Legacy Versions and Prices
- Standard PS5 and Xbox Series X: $69.99 / £64.99 Hogwarts, PS4 and Xbox One: $59.99 / £54.99, Deluxe Edition PS5 and Xbox Series X: $79.99 / £74.99 Hogwarts Legacy Deluxe Edition PS4 and Xbox One: $69.99 / £64.99
Commonly Asked Questions
- IS THERE MULTIPLAYER IN HOGWARTS LEGACY? simple answer is no there isn’t and that includes coop
- WILL HOGWARTS LEGACY HAVE CROSSPLAY? again nope nothing since there is no multiplayer
- IS J.K. ROWLING INVOLVED WITH HOGWARTS LEGACY? no she has nothing to do with development or the story, the only thing that is related to her in the game is that they made sure any story and characters are cannon to the original harry potter story.
- Will the game have microtransactions, warner brothers have said there are no things to purchase in game.
- What about the games graphics, well nothing has been accurately revealed other than ps5 and series x will have 4k which I assume is 30fps and performance mode, which im assuming is 1440 and 60 FPS, but again nothing is concrete.
- We also know they’re using the Unreal engine for the project. The PC version will support Nvidia’s DLSS three technology which according to Nvidia boosts performance for all GeForce RTX GPUs by using AI to output higher resolution frames from a lower resolution input.
- The Full list of Hogwarts Legacy PC system requirements you can see these on screen
Hogwarts Legacy Story
- Well its an open world action RPG that lets you fully explore Hogwarts and the surrounding world, something I will cover in more detail later.
- The game is set in the late 1800s, long before Harry Potter’s time, which was roughly set in the 1990s
- And so no, harry potter or any of the main harry potter characters are not in game, but some faces you will recognise.
- Nearly headless nick and fat friar are two we see in the games trailers
- But since two of the four House ghosts have been seen it safe to say the Grey Lady of Ravenclaw and the Bloody Baron of Slytherin will be in the game as well.
- We know that you begin the game as a fifth year Hogwarts student who may hold the clues to an “ancient secret” that threatens the wizarding world.
- We’ve also seen a few sub-plots mentioned in the game, such as reference to the Goblin Rebellions and a number of characters with their own secrets going on.
- Now some have asked whether you can play the game as an evil character and while the trailers say you can lead a darker path, nothing so far has suggested true multiple paths in the game, but doesn’t mean it cant happen.
- On the official FAQ it says the Hogwarts Legacy will have various storylines that can affect what kind of witch or wizard the player becomes, but we know all too well from games like cyberpunk, that devs struggle to deliver on this type of gameplay other than a few different lines of dialogue or multiple endings at best.
Hogwarts Legacy gameplay
- Now, Speaking of gameplay You’ll be able to create your own character, sort them into a house and then role-play as a student at Hogwarts.
- You will learn new magical abilities and how to brew potions in classes,
- face off against creatures and dark powers in wand-to-wand combat out in the world,
- You will level up your skills and equipment as you gain new experience.
- There are 4 difficulty settings for you to experience in Hogwarts Legacy: Story, Easy, Normal and Hard but there is no difficulty related achievements or trophies.
Open world setting and locations
- The game is open world and so not only will there be the entire of Hogwarts to explore, there is the surrounding highlands area that include familiar places like the Forbidden Forest and Hogsmeade Village.
- Hogwarts itself will have plenty of secrets and hidden rooms to find, but might require solving a puzzle to get to.
- There are things to collect in the open world as well like new outfits for you character and collectibles.
- Collectibles include Demiguise statues or the hidden memories you can see in one of the gameplay reveals.
- There are hidden treasures to be found as well and some are led to by butterflies to look out for butterflies.
- Other treasures like disillusioned chests require you to find a way to unlock them, like becoming invisible.
- Cairn dungeons can be explored in the world as well
- be on the lookout for moonstones on your travels as they are needed to unlock new things in the room of requirement.
- If you are worried about travelling around the world then dont be, Floo Flames allow players to instantly travel from one area to another.
Can I fly in Hogwarts Legacy?
- There is also a Flying class which will help you master the art of broomstick flying, and make exploring the wider Hogwarts castle grounds a little easier.
Hogwarts Legacy Quidditch?
- Unfortunately there will be no quidditch in Hogwarts legacy that you can play, but it has not been confirmed if it exists as say a cutscene or something else you can watch.
Hogwarts Legacy character Creation
- You’ll choose a preset character to start with, and go deeper to granularly select your face shape, hairstyle, complexion, and eyes.
- There’s no slider to change all of the options are split across an array of Presets.
- You can choose your character’s voice and whether they stay at the Witch or Wizard dormitory independently of their appearance.
Hogwarts Legacy Companions
- Right now there are four Hogwarts Legacy companions confirmed: Natsai Onai, Poppy Sweeting, Amit Thakkar and Sebastian Sallow.
- Each companion will teach you different things and so you must pick wisely, although from the achievements and trophies i think you will be able to recruit all three within one playthrough.
- There are lots of NPCs in game that we know of a goblin called Ranrok, a house-elf called Deek, a teacher called Professor Fig, to name a few.
- There are also plenty of students who give quests, like Zenobia a young Ravenclaw student who invites you on a Gobstone quest.
Which magical creatures can I expect to encounter in Hogwarts Legacy?
- So far we have seen Kneazles, Nifflers, Hippogriffs, dragons, Graphorns, Mooncalves and Trolls.
- In game you will have an area called the vivarium available where you can tame and nurture these creatures.
- There are also creatures like dragons and a phoenix in the game that we know from the games trophy and achievement list thats already been revealed.
Hogwarts Legacy combat
- combat consists of casting magic on your opponents. You’ll be able to wield a wand, and learn spells taught in classes, and learn from other companions you meet at the school.
- There are 20 total spells that you can assign to slots for use in combat, and you can freely build combos between those spells and basic magic shots, limited only by brief cooldown windows.
- Spells fit into categories like ‘damage’ or ‘control’, and those categories are colour-coded to help you break the shields of enemy spell-slingers.
- You can also dodge in combat to avoid some attacks, a very useful combat mechanic for any game.
- Duelling Feats are optional field guide collectibles where you challenge other wizards to a duel and it will help you learn new combat techniques in game, however they are optional.
- You’ll also be able to imbue your combat abilities by brewing potions back at the school, so you better show up to potions class.
- You can also boost your effectiveness in combat by investing XP into a talent system which will allow you to further hone your playstyle.
- The talent system is split into 5 types and you can upgrade depending on your playstyle and skills.
- The styles of talent known so far are, Room of requirement, stealth, and core, the other 2 are not known.
- You can also upgrade add traits and alter the appearance of you clothing, although the details of exactly what that looks like has not been revealed.
Can I cast dark spells in Hogwarts Legacy, such as Avada Kedavra?
- We talked about earlier can you be evil in game, and while its still unclear, what we do know is that dark spells are in the game allowing you to kill and torture.
- All three Unforgiveable Curses (Imperio, Crucio and Avada Kedavra) are available to learn and play in the game and have devastating outcomes as in 1 hit kills.
- Lastly there are ancient spells you can learn, and these are part of the games main story where you discover and unlock them.
Hogwarts Legacy Wizarding World Account & Houses
- When you first arrive at Hogwarts you are a fifth year but You will still take part in a Sorting Ceremony when you join Hogwarts.
- This will allow you to choose your house, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw or slitherin.
- This will determine what common room and sleeping quarters you get access to in game.
- You can choose your house early on the wizarding world website, answer questions to get sorted into your house before the game launches and link to the game when it releases.
- On wizarding world you can also choose your Petronas before the game launches
- You can even pick your wand before launch
- lastly there are a few rewards for connecting your game to the wizarding world account, they are the house fanatic robes and beaked skull mask
Hogwarts Legacy common rooms
- Each of the four Hogwarts Houses – Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Slytherin, and Ravenclaw – have their own exclusive common rooms.
- These are areas where you’ll be able to relax and interact with your fellow students, meet different NPCs, and find unique items and locations to interact with.
Hogwarts Legacy classes
- You’ll be able to attend classes such as Charms, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, and Potions to learn how to cast new spells, brew potions, grow magical plants, and more.
- The more classes you attend the more skills you will learn and the more you will improve them, so make sure to always show up to them.