Apex Update News – The new update for apex legends has been announced and we are looking at the patch notes to see what changes are coming in next weeks update. The official release times are still to be announced but are confirmed for early next week.
We take a look at the update and other news information to see what this means for APEX LEGENDS on Xbox One PC & PS4.
- Improved audio engine to be around 30% more CPU efficient, lessening the chance of distortion or dropouts.
- Lowered impact on data loading through code and content changes to improve potential dropout issues.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Lowered the master volume of all sounds during the character select screen through the end of the drop sequence.
- Lowered the volume of Wraith’s ambient kunai knife sound for those who are sensitive to the sound. If it is still bothersome we will remove it in a later patch.
- Increased the volume of close proximity enemy footsteps for all Legends.
- Increased the priority of enemy footsteps to ensure the sounds play even in heavy combat situations.
- Slightly lowered the volume of Pathfinder footstep sounds heard from the first person view.
- Fixed missing or quiet dryfire (out of ammo trigger click sound) and low ammo (the progressive change in sound that the gun makes as the magazine approaches empty) sounds for the R301, Hemlok, Flatline and RE45.
- Increased the volume of the music that plays when winning a match.
- Added more detailed audio to the Training mission.
- Fixed occlusion bug for the “wind down” sound for the Havoc.
- Fixed issue with automatic weapon fire sounds occasionally getting stuck on, usually after a Legend respawns.
- Fixed bug with RE45 missing tail sounds (the echo in the environment after the shot) when in close proximity.
FIX FOR LIFELINE “PICK ME UP” BANNER BUG ON PS4
- The issue has been resolved and we will be re-enabling the banner after the patch is live.
- NOTE: We made changes to client and back end to address this and it’ll take a little time to take full effect. We’re expecting the error to resolve within a few hours after the patch is live.